Friday, July 24, 2009

C'est la vie II

Okay, it's time to finish telling you about our trip to France before we go on to our next adventure (surprise, surprise!!).

But before I do that, let me go back and pay homage to the prettiest carousel we've seen to this day: in Avignon. To our luck, the carousel was in the square right in front of our hotel, and Bernardo and Miguel went crazy! We started buying 2 tickets at a time and ended up buying in bulk, 'cause these kids would not step off of the spinning horse. Fred and I used to take turns inside with them, afraid they would get dizzy and hit their heads on the floor, but they could not be more pleased... while me and Chiquito were dying for the darn horse to stop so we could go seat on the bench outside and look at anything but the carousel, at least until our heads stopped spinning :)


Now, homage paid let's move north! From Lyon we drove to the Loire Valley, and let me tell you that athough the drive was long it was not tideous in any way, shape or form! Every 5 minutes I used to scream of joy and squeeze Chiquito's arm so he could stop and let me take pictures. We drove through miles and miles of the most beautiful farms and fields of wheat, lavender and sunflowers! Too bad I could not manage to get really close to the lavenders and sunflowers... but I did get close to a field with all those gigantic hay rolls on our way to Chenonceau's Castle

The castle was also the prettiest and most interesting we've seen in the Loire. The history, the women, the kitchen, the grounds and the meal we had at the restaurant were all lovely!



Next day we went castle hunting again... first to Azay-Le-Rideau and then to Villandry. This time I got lucky and went inside a wheat field... oh so pretty! There's something about raw nature that maybe only the smell of wet earth on a rainny day can beat!




Here is Villandry's pretty gardens:


Paris I'll leave to a brand new post... too much to tell about that magic city!

0 comentários:

Post a Comment