Tuesday, July 14, 2009

C'est la vie!

Get your cup of coffee or tea 'cause this post will be a long one...

Yes, we were on the road again.... I mean, airplane! No wonder my kids cannot see a flying beast that they go bunkers about it! This time around we went to France (yeah, I know what you are thinking!!) for two whole weeks! Let me start by telling you that France has never been at the top of my travel list, I've always had (and still have) places like Ireland, Norway and South Africa at the top instead. Regardless, Chiquito really wanted to go there and hey, France sounds great too! I am SOOOO thankful we went there... that country is DROP DEAP GOURGEOUS!

We started our journey in the South of France, Nice to be more exact, after a looooong 30 hours trip (missed our connecting flight in London). Nice was our base for 4 days and we loved everything about it. The best though, in my opinion, was the pebble beach... the sound of those pebbles rolling every time the ocean came ashore is unbelievable! The kids also loved playing with all the rocks, and Bernie stripped himself down to his underware as soon as he saw the beach :)



Still in the South of France we also visited Monaco, Eze, Vence, St. Paul De Vence, Tourrettes Sur Loup, Grasse, Aix-En-Provance and Avignon. By far St Paul de Vence wins the prize of the most charming and magical/historical place we've visited while in that area. Imagine an old villa stuck at the top of a mountain, like a cherry on top of your sunday.... that's Saint Paul :)

Moving north, we stopped at Lyon for 2 nights and it was GREAT! Best accomodation and by far the best food we had in all of France. I also had some time by myself... as on a rare occasion hubby and kids head over to the hotel for a 3 hours nap after lunch and I hit the pedestrial shopping mall street alone! Yep you heard me.. ALONE! Ask any mom of two small children and they will all agree... what a blessing!! Armed with my curiosity, time and some money let me tell you... I had a ball! Tasted some great orange slices with dark chocolate and wish I could say I shopped until I dropped by that really wasn't the case... but taking it all in at my own pace and more importantly, taking my pictures with no complaints along the way was awesome! Here is Lyon ladies and gentlemen:


to be continued....

0 comentários:

Post a Comment