Monday, November 16, 2009

Paradise Island

Yep, we took off again for the long weekend (our long weekend I mean :)....... and this time it was my kind of vacation: 45 minutes flight - gotta love that! The itinerary of choice was the Atlantis hotel on Paradise Island, Nassau Bahamas. Everybody talked so much about this place that got us itching..... and as you all know, when I itch, I go!!!




The place indeed is all that I heard about: beautiful, full os attractions to guests of all ages (including my boys), gourgeous swimming pools, impecable service and of course, a little too pricey. But the positives by far outweight the negative..... and if you plan ahead you don't get trapped on any of the pitfalls.







Although a great hotel is a dream come true, my bread and butter is really the history behind the place and the locals. So off we went for 2 days with Tyrone, a great taxi driver, that besides taking us to 'unusual tourist places' told us all about growing up in the island, Bahamian food and beer :) Who can complain???






We also had two very windy days..... but when you have a 1 1/2 and a 3 year old, all you watch is Dora, Diego, Backyardigans, Little Einstein and Max and Ruby - and completely ignore the hurricane sweeping over the Caribbean. Thankfully it was just wind on our end...... and a lesson to at least check out the news online!! And for those of you doubtful that traveling with kids is no fun........... I guess a picture means a thousand words???







Til our next itch my fellow travelers! Cannot wait!!

0 comentários:

Post a Comment